The scammers purpose is to gain the trust of their victims to take advantage of them. But how can we identify them?
In order to protect our users, Wallapop puts technological and personal means to fight against scams, but it is essential that Wallapop users have a vigilant attitude to identify potential scammers. Here are some keys to detect them.
Keys to detect them
Be suspicious if you detect any of the following:
- It asks you for your cell phone or e-mail as the first contact option.
- Sends you a link by Whatsapp or e-mail simulating the purchase.
- Sends you a link impersonating the Wallapop website.
- Asks for your card details.
In other types of scams, the following factors can also happen:
- Possible new profiles, less than three days old.
- Not validated.
- With no reviews.
- No items bought or sold.
- Lives far from you and does not want to use Wallapop Shipping.
- Payment higher than the established price.
- Offers to pay for Shipping.
- Spelling mistakes or strange messages.
- Payment outside Wallapop Shipping.
- Shipping outside Wallapop Shipping service.
If you suspect that it could be a fraudulent purchase, report the user:
- Enter the conversation you have had.
- Press the 3 dots icon to report it.
- You will see that the application gives you the option to select from several reasons to report. Try to choose the one that best fits what happened and, if you do not find the option, select "Other causes" and explain what happened so we can help you.