First of all, if it is an order received through our payment and shipping system, please open a dispute via chat with the seller. In this article you will find more information: How do I open a dispute with the seller?
In order to give you an effective solution and a quick answer, we need the purchase/sale process to have been done through Wallapop.
If the payment and shipping has not been done through Wallapop, below you can see the steps to follow depending on the type of scam:
- If you have been contacted by a user and you suspect that they are trying to scam you, check the following tips to make sure: How do I identify suspicious behavior?
- If your bank card has been charged without authorization, you should cancel the card, file a police report and claim the charges from your bank.
- If the payment was made through PayPal without using the Wallapop Shipping service and you did not choose the option to send money to a family member or friend, you can open a claim through your PayPal Resolution Center.
- If you made a bank transfer or paid through an internet portal, you should file a complaint with the police as this payment method does not offer guarantees. Collect all the possible data about the fraudulent user (conversation, link to the profile, etc.) to make the management easier and more agile and indicate the email linked to your Wallapop account.
- If you have made a payment with counterfeit bills, we recommend that you file a complaint with the competent authorities.
In the event that you make a complaint, we will help the authorities as much as we can.
For future occasions, we advise you to use the Wallapop payment and shipping system, so that your transactions are always protected.